A Game of Pictures
This Hen Party Game is a great Game to play if you have a guest list full of creative or arty type people. It’s also funny if the people you’re inviting aren’t the creative type – as the chances are the pictures they draw will be even more entertaining.
It’s the sort of Hen Party Game you’ll want to play at home – so it’s ideal if you’re having a ‘stay at home Hen Party’, or you’re looking for game ideas for home before you head out on your Hen Night Out.
Before the Hen Do, collect enough pieces of paper to give all the guests the same amount of paper sheets as there are guests. For example, if there are 10 guests coming, you’ll need enough paper for 10 pieces per guest.
Choose categories that are related to the Hen, Groom, Wedding or anything else generally related to the Wedding and Hen Party occasion. You’ll need enough categories for one per guest – some suggestions are: something about the Bride, something about the Groom, something about the wedding location etc.
You’ll also want to make sure you have an assortment of pens, and you’ll need a gaming area where there’s enough space for everyone to sit in a circle and lean against something flat so they can draw!
How to Play
- Gather the Hen Party guests and sit them in a circle.
- Pass the sets of paper and pens round to each of the guests. If you have a particularly large party – consider grouping the guests into teams.
- Ask each group to number their sheets of paper in order from top sheet to bottom sheet. Write the number in the top right corner – you’ll need to match all the sheets of paper at the end of the game – so this is important!
- Make sure everyone has sheet 1 in front of them, and then call out your first category. Tell the players they have 1 minute to draw something interesting about the category you’ve called out. The plan is that everyone will try and draw something similar.
- After the minute is up, tell them to place this picture at the bottom of their paper pile, and then pass their paper pile to the right.
- They should all have sheet 2 in front of them now – so call out the next category and give them another minute to draw something about your next category.
- Keep going through this process – passing the pile to the right after each round, until every player has their original paper pile back in their hands.
- You’ll now call out your first category, as well as the round number (as per the numbered sheets), and go round each person asking them to show their picture. Hopefully there’ll be some great drawings, and also some hilariously bad drawings.
- The embarrassment will soon fade though – as when you call out the next category, each player will be showing someone else’s picture – so they won’t be so shy to show it off, and make jokes about the picture they’re showing.
Again, this is another one of those Hen Party Games that is even funnier to play if the players are a little tipsy. It’s always worth having a few bottles spare around the room, to keep the drinks flowing while this is played.
It’s also worth considering keeping the pictures drawn – as after the Hen Night you may want to collect the funniest/most artistic pictures and create a ‘keepsake’ for the Hen as a present. It’ll serve as a great reminder of her special night with the girls, and can also make a thoughtful gift!Print This Page